Let’s immediately define YOGA FOR BEGINNERS that yoga is not a religion or belief. Yoga is a philosophy of a healthy lifestyle. In the Hindu tradition, for instance , it’s understood because the science of balance and harmony.
So in our time, more and more doctors officially recommend yoga not only as an effective physical activity, but an excellent tool in the fight against stress. When I started doing yoga myself and made it a habit, I very quickly began to notice changes.
Thanks to practice – and this is about an hour and a half every day – my posture straightened, my knees stopped cracking in the joints, I grew thinner and even younger, it seems to me (apparently, the eternal concern has gone from my face, and with it a couple of “frowned” wrinkles).
But, most importantly, I became calmer and more joyful to perceive this life, although nothing has changed dramatically in it. What’s the secret?
Yoga has been proven to work this way. This effective and proven practice for centuries immediately affects the physical and subtle body (it is responsible for human emotions and thoughts).
Anyone who practices yoga becomes healthier and more resilient, feels a surge of strength after classes, and can also feel a taste for life with renewed vigor.
Agree, in today’s world with heavy loads and stresses, this is very important. Whatever one may say, alcohol and cakes have side effects, and yoga is absolutely harmless: take it at least seven times a week.
YOGA HEALTH BENEFITS
1. Slows down the aging process.
2. Restores the reproductive function of the feminine body and potency in men.
3. Develops muscle groups, restores flexibility to joints.
4. Yoga For Back Pain, removes curvature of the spine, osteochondrosis, salt deposits.
5. thanks to intensive breathing during exercise, an outsized amount of oxygen enters the body, and every one systems begin to figure more efficiently. Active ventilation of the lungs and heart training occurs.
6. Natural and effective massage of internal organs. And since during the practice the abdominal muscles are actively working, the intestines are perfectly cleansed. Yoga Mudra is excellent for relieving constipation.
7. Heals headaches, asthma, arthritis, insomnia, postpartum depression.
8. Helps Yoga For weight Loss.
9. Gives the entire body and brain deep relaxation and quality rest.
10. Yoga And Meditation included helps to strengthen the system and reduce stress levels.
And I’m not even talking about the discovery of new talents. It has been proven that yoga helps to reveal them in a person – people suddenly begin to draw, sing, write poetry. The benefits of yoga are undeniable and proven by thousands of years of experience.
Contraindications for yoga;
- Alcohol or drug intoxication
- Ongenital heart disease
- Gallstone disease
- The period of taking tranquilizers
- Psychotropic drugs
YOGA AT HOME
Of course, it is best if you start learning YOGA EXERCISES not Yoga At Home, but with a Yoga Teacher or more experienced Yoga Instructor. First, it is disciplined. Secondly, you will be corrected if you do something wrong. And thirdly, group lessons are the most effective. But if you do not have such an opportunity yet, you can master YOGA on your own.
It will be good if you are ready to practice every day (you will notice the changes faster) or at least once or twice a week. Good for a beginner.
If you do not have the opportunity to study with a YOGA TEACHER, then for doing YOGA AT HOME you will need a rug, a blanket to hide during your rest (shavasana) and water. Water is very necessary.
Yoga activates Metabolic and cleansing processes in the body, which is why it is so important to drink. But not in one gulp after all the loads, but in small sips after each YOGA ASANAS (this is what YOGA POSES are called).
YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE START YOGA WORKOUT
1. Yoga is a set of exercises (ASANAS), usually in a certain sequence. The lesson ends with the resting pose – SHAVASANA: in it, your body should be absolutely motionless for 10-15 minutes.
This time is enough for the body to relax and rest the maximum amount as possible, and therefore the brain is overloaded (yes, sort of a frozen computer).
2. During YOGA AT HOME, you should not experience pain. None at all! You don’t need to stretch your muscles on purpose (this is not a sport!), Bend over with force, pull your legs – and at the same time endure. Even more so for beginners.
You have just started working with the body, give it time, and soon you will see how you will become more flexible. Learn to listen to your body. If you experience any unpleasant sensations, relax the effort or gently exit the Asanas.
3. Before starting, it is better to do a little warm-up to warm up the muscles.
4. And breathe evenly, calmly in asanas! Control your breathing: there should be no delays, take breaths and exits as deeply and slowly as possible. It is very important.
BASIC RULES OF YOGA FOR BEGINNERS
1. Do yoga only on an empty stomach. Ideal in the morning after waking up and having a cold shower. Either during the day, but after breakfast or lunch, 3-4 hours pass.
2. Yes, it’s better to practice within the morning. this is often the primary news. The second might not appeal to beginners in the least , but what to do! Yoga Exercises is best done at sunrise – at 5-6 within the morning.
allow us to explain: when the body awakens along side nature, it receives additional energy and, attention, even healing. You yourself will then see how the day after such a “yoga” morning will end up completely differently.
All things are going to be given easily and with joy, there’ll be strength and a desire to try to to everything. And why accumulate energy at the top of the day ?! Better to practice within the morning and obtain high all day.
3. Before class, ventilate the room, you can light a stick of incense for a couple of seconds or dilute 2-3 drops of your favorite essential oil in water, this will be enough to freshen the air. The floor must be clean. It’s more pleasant to practice. Although – as you like.
4. Clothes for classes. Choose a comfortable color, preferably cotton and white. You will need socks for relaxation. Take off your chains and watches, bracelets and rings with raised stones at once, otherwise they will interfere with you and may injure you.
Girls with long hair need to tie their hair in a bun or wear a yoga hat. This is not a sectarian element, as some believe. First, it holds the hair. Secondly, it allows you to concentrate on practice. I will not explain any more – you have to try it to understand the difference.
5. Women during their period are advised not to use inverted positions (shoulder stand, plow position). In the first three days, do not do abdominal Yoga Exercises and active abdominal breathing (breathing of fire).
Since all this can increase bleeding. But if this does not bother you, then you can continue these practices – do it slower and less in time.
6. Yoga In Pregnancy, general yoga classes should get replaced with special yoga for pregnant women.
DOWNWARD-FACING DOG. This asana has a second name – the triangle pose, which speaks for itself. Start the exercises while standing. Rest your palms and feet on the floor, fingers wide apart. Feet – hip-width apart. There should be straight lines from wrist to thigh and from thigh to heel.
The chin is tucked up, the neck is extended. The armpits are turned towards each other. Try not to arch your back too much. Breathing is even and calm.
Effect: This pose improves digestion, reduces pain in the lower back, neck, stretches the muscles, legs, arms and back.
Time: Start at 1 minute, working up to 3-5 minutes.
“A cat may be a cow.” Get on high-low-jack . Hands are shoulder-width apart, fingers pointing forward. The knees are slightly below the hips. Inhale and pull your pelvis forward while bending your backtrack (Cow Pose) together with your head and neck pulled back. Don’t hurt your neck. Raise your chin as high as possible.
On exhalation, the pelvis moves within the other way , the rear arches upward (Cat Pose), and therefore the chin rests on the chest. All movements should be smooth, the whole spine is involved.
Effect: This exercise is very beneficial. Strengthens neck muscles, restores flexibility and mobility of the spine, improves posture. After long sedentary work, relieves soreness and stiffness of the back muscles. Relieves general fatigue. Soothes and simultaneously tones the nervous system.
Time: Start with 1 minute, working up to 3-5 minutes.
“Cobra“. Lying on your stomach, place your hands under your shoulders, palms pressed to the floor. Begin to lift your ribcage, your head continuing this movement as you bend back. Straighten your arms. Do not bend your back too much. Stretch up the entire surface of the abdomen and chest in the opposite direction.
If it’s difficult to face on straightened arms, bend them at the elbows. But strive for the perfect pose. Movements should be calm and even, without acceleration or deceleration. Breathing in and out is synchronous with body movement.
“Effect: the pose strengthens the deep muscles of the rear , prevents the formation of kidney stones. Normalizes the function of the thyroid and pancreas.
Time: Start with 1 minute, gradually working up to 3 minutes.
At first, many terms from yoga will seem very unusual to you, as from another planet. Don’t be afraid of that. Over time, everything will become clear and familiar to you.
Aura. The area of energy and consciousness that surrounds the physical body and contributes to the work of 7 energy centers – the chakras. The strength of the aura, measured by its radiance and radius, determines the presence of mental problems and the psychophysical integrity of a person.
Yoga. this is often the science of the way to live. Philosophy of a healthy lifestyle. Connection with your inner self. People who practice yoga strive for awareness and disclosure of inner happiness. And for this it is not at all necessary to go to the Himalayan mountains.
A true yogi elevates and perfects himself in the conditions of life, without isolating himself from society like monks.
Kundalini Yoga. A type of yoga that stimulates vitality, balances the mind, develops the spirit. It promotes instant clarity.
Meditation. The process of deep concentration, merging with an object or staying in a state of awareness. Meditation releases reactions and unconscious habits and forms intuition, leading to awareness.
It’s wise. Literally means “seal“. Typically refers to the position of the hands used during meditation or exercise. These hand positions are used to seal the energy flow in the body.
Third Eye Point or Eyebrow Point. The sixth chakra or center of awareness, located on the forehead at the point between the eyebrows. Associated with the pituitary gland, the command center.
It gives us insight, intuition and the ability to understand the essence of things and the course of events much deeper than a superficial vision of things. Therefore, this center is the focus of attention in many meditations.
Chakra. This word literally means “spinning wheels“. This is usually the name given to 7 energy centers in the human aura, located along the spine from the base to the crown of the head. Each chakra is a center of consciousness with an inherent set of qualities, goals and power of influence.